What if YOUR Toyota car is affected by the recall?

All Things Toyota
brian

What if YOUR Toyota car is affected by the recall?

Post by brian »

Jan 29, 2010: Asscoiated Press
What if your car is affected?
An article with Questions and Answers on the Toyota Recall.
Question? Comment? Please email us
MORE TOPICS see:Forum Index & McHenrySoftware.com
(c)McHenry Software, Inc ALL Rights Reserved.
MSI
Site Admin

Re: What if YOUR Toyota car is affected by the recall?

Post by MSI »

Jan 31, 2010: New York Times Toyota to Issue a Fix for Recalled Cars
Toyota has come up with a remedy to fix the millions of cars it has recalled due to accelerator pedal issues. Toyota presented their plan to NHTSA. Dealers have reported also getting phone calls from Toyota reporting the remedy.
See the Full Story
kevinh

Post by kevinh »

I just picked up my new Toyota Venza yesterday. Nice car. Has anybody seen any accident that was actually
induced by a case of sudden acceleration by a Toyota vehicle? Not just alleged, but actually proven as such.
Other than by electronic data, you could not distinquish between the driver merely placing his foot on the gas
pedal????
PaulM

Post by PaulM »

Better yet, the secret investigatory branch of MSI has uncovered actual video tape of an actual accident in progress !

http://www.mchenrysoftware.com/Toyota%20Lawna.wmv

BTW - why does a Japanese car company selling cars in America give all their models Italian names ??? I hadn't heard of the 'Lawna' before ....

:-)
brian

Post by brian »

In response to Kevinh, the mass hysteria associated with Toyotas whipped up by the media and lawyers (and NHTSA/LaHood too!) all deciding that Toyota is 'hiding something' or 'safety deaf' and that the recall really isn't a solution has made an excuse for ANYONE in an accident with a Toyota to blame it on the vehicle.
As accident investigators and reconstructionists we know that only through a careful inspection of the vehicle can the actual cause be determined. From our experience with some of the alleged Audi 5000 cases we saw in MANY of those accidents the accelerator pedals were broken, not due to a defect, but due to the people thinking they were 'mashing on the brakes' and were in fact 'mashing' on the accelerator (and thereby producing the 'unintended acceleration'.
Tests run demonstrate that any vehicle with a wide open throttle can be slowed and then stopped by simply pressing on the brake pedal. Obviously putting the vehicle in neutral and/or turning the vehicle off also can achieve the same results.
It will be interesting to see how this whole parade of disinformation plays out. Unfortunately it is once again a smear campaign which will perhaps destroy the Toyota brand which may take years to repair (as in the case of Audi).
See my other thread on Will Toyota encounter a press created Audi 5000 type fiasco?
brian
Question? Comment? Please email us
MORE TOPICS see:Forum Index & McHenrySoftware.com
(c)McHenry Software, Inc ALL Rights Reserved.
kevinh

Post by kevinh »

A good friend of mine is a mechanic for Ch____r. He says he gets a tone of sudden acceleration via floormat
problems. Paul, the link for the video is not working. Seriously, is there any real "data" out there on actual
collisions induced by a Toyota accelerator problem? Has this been proven in a court situation? Not just
reported as such? Or alleged as such?
PaulM

Post by PaulM »

Sorry about the link - try this one

http://www.mchenrysoftware.com/Toyota_AvaLawn.wmv

( disclaimer - it's just an amusing video, and not actually informative to your question - my bad :-) )