WHO are YOU? The Ugly Toll of Technology!

Items of General Interest
brian

WHO are YOU? The Ugly Toll of Technology!

Post by brian »

June 7, 2010: Being electonically connected may mean that our personalities are becoming disassociated with reality.
Impatience with the slow pace of life and normal conversation, we all fast forward our discussions to move on to more interesting subjects!
In the NY Times today is the article: An Ugly Toll of Technology: Impatience and Forgetfulness which includes:
  • Some experts believe excessive use of the Internet, cell phones and other technologies can cause us to become more impatient, impulsive, forgetful and even more narcissistic.
    Are you addicted to your cell phone and the internet? There's a place for you! netaddiction.com! offers a self assessment test to determine if technology has become a drug!
    The immediacy of the Internet, the efficiency of the iPhone and the anonymity of the chat room change the core of who we are!
    As one student put it “Texting and I.M.’ing my friends gives me a constant feeling of comfort,” “When I did not have those two luxuries, I felt quite alone and secluded from my life. Although I go to a school with thousands of students, the fact that I was not able to communicate with anyone via technology was almost unbearable.”
Maybe it's time to monitor how much time you spend 'connected' and see if maybe it's time to disconnect from technology once in a while and reconnect to find out: WHO are YOU?!
Question? Comment? Please email us
MORE TOPICS see:Forum Index & McHenrySoftware.com
(c)McHenry Software, Inc ALL Rights Reserved.
brian

Re: WHO are YOU? The Ugly Toll of Technology!

Post by brian »

June 8, 2010: A series in the NYTimes called Your Brain on Computers: Hooked on Gadgets, and Paying a Mental Price includes an interactive test called Test Your Focus
Give it a whirl!
Question? Comment? Please email us
MORE TOPICS see:Forum Index & McHenrySoftware.com
(c)McHenry Software, Inc ALL Rights Reserved.