- The NHTSA Vehicle Crash Test Database contains engineering data measured during various types of research, the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), and compliance crash tests. Information in this database refers to the performance and response of vehicles and other structures in impacts. This database is not intended to support general consumer safety issues.
NOTE: All times are with respect to Washington, DC, USA (US Eastern, Daylight Savings Time is observed).
- Monday - Friday: 06:00 - 21:00 (6 AM - 9 PM)
- Sunday: 06:00 - 24:00 (6 AM - Midnight)
- Query by test parameters
- Query by vehicle parameters such as make, model, and year
- Query by barrier parameters
- Browse the available tests
- These are summary catalogs detailing tests released for public access and review. They are generated dynamically with each request from the live database and so reflect
- The files listed below are exports of the NHTSA Vehicle Crash Test Database made available for download by any user wishing to explore the available crash test specification data. While we cannot provide specific technical assistance for individual database products, a descriptive summary of the format of the export files is available to aid users. The files are compressed ZIP archives of ASCII files. Data fields are delimited by the pipe character ("|") used to designate EVS data fields.
Supporting software will be required to extract the files and import them into other programs. Programs such as Microsoft Access and Excel support an ASCII file import facility and allow the user to select the data field