Questions from the 2017 ARC CSI msmac3D Promotion

General Questions, answers and information related to the release of the msmac3D program.
MSI
Site Admin

Questions from the 2017 ARC CSI msmac3D Promotion

Post by MSI »

Q: Sent 9/12/17 via email:
  • How many computers can download one license?
  • What if I skip a year of two of updates can I pay the same $1000 to $1200 to bring the software up to date?
  • What training is offered?
  • I would like to see a demonstration of your software.
A: Thank you for your questions.
  • How many computers can download one license?
    • Currently only one computer per license.
    • Additional computers can be licensed at $500-$800 per computer for same user/name
    • Additional licenses for a company can be added for a reduced price from initial price.
  • What if I skip a year of two of updates can I pay the same $1000 to $1200 to bring the software up to date?
    • We require maintaining the license through renewals to support our continued research and development. A problem occurs with users running different versions of software since many issues are resolved in updates and so it wasted the users time and our time to support older versions.
    • We have been mulling adding a ‘monthly lease’ option where you lease the program ‘per month’. We will post something up when we decide on that.
  • What training is offered?
  • I would like to see a demonstration of your software.
    • We will have online demos and training starting the week after ARC CSI (so the week of September 25th). We will post up a schedule next week for your planning purposes.
Thank you for your questions and let me know if you have any additional questions or comments
MSI
Site Admin

Re: Questions from the 2017 ARC CSI msmac3D Promotion

Post by MSI »

Questions via email:
  • What are your support hours?
  • I have CDR data gave of steering wheel data in degrees. Is there a way to simulate the position using this data. The steering ratio is known.

A: What are your support hours?
  • Email we normally answer once received and at any time (we all can never escape our phones!)
  • We are around till 8 or 9 EST most days (we have west coast clients!) and on request can be available.
  • We maintain a Licensee only user forum where we post up questions & answers so you can find a lot of information there.
  • We also are to be adding online training starting the week we return from the ARC CSI conference (Last week of September) which can help you get up to speed with the software.
  • We will also add videos of the training sessions for folks who can’t attend the sessions.
I have CDR data gave of steering wheel data in degrees. Is there a way to simulate the position using this data. The steering ratio is known.
  • Steering angle as a function of time is an input to msmac3D (steering wheel or front wheel angles)
  • There is some compliance in the steering system so the positions simulated will vary somewhat depending on how much compliance. The vehicle speed and acceleration will vary the response to the steering. This is all a perfect application of simulation to determine the probable range of position and orientation of the vehicle over time.
Let us know if any other questions!