How to get updates to msmac3D?

General Questions, answers and information related to the release of the msmac3D program.
MSI
Site Admin

How to get updates to msmac3D?

Post by MSI » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:33 am

Q: I have no clue how to update my license so I can receive the updated software. I checked the forum and there is not any information.
A: Guess two parts to this question.
1st part is Is your license current?.
  • To check simply:
    • open Medit3D and it may notify you if renewal is required, etc..
    • Or with medit3D open click Help menu->About and it will tell your license serial number and renewal date:
Help ABout.jpg
Help ABout.jpg (50.17 KiB) Viewed 143 times
if needing renewal see our License Renewal Page
  • Please remember license maintenance/renewal supports continued research and development and reduces our reliance on new sales! See Is msmac3D an annual subscription? for additional information
  • Once you renew you will be sent an email with an attachment of a text file: licensekey.txt . Simply save the attached file to your c:\msoft3D directory which will overwrite the existing licensekey.txt file and you're good to go for another year!
2nd part is: Where to get the update information?.
  • Normally at start up we check for updates of individual components and will post up notification of something needs updating. However if a full update is available currently it does not notify (we are working on a solution)
    • Easiest way to check is simply click Help->Check website for updates
      The page will include notification and links to update installation information.
Help Check.jpg
Help Check.jpg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 143 times
An additional way to check for news and information on updates is the
  • Click that link and you will see the various forum topic groups.
  • At the bottom is the Licensee Only McHenry Software Technical Support
    • (Licensees are provided a login name and password, if you've forgotten your name/password simply register for the forum and/or contact us for that information)
McHenry Forum.jpg
McHenry Forum.jpg (148.68 KiB) Viewed 143 times
At the bottom if you click on the msmac3D Installation Instructions there is a link to instructions on how to install any updates:
Installation Instructions.jpg
Installation Instructions.jpg (138.61 KiB) Viewed 143 times
Question? Comment? Please email forum@mchenrysoftware.com. Also see the McHenry Forum Index
Visit McHenrySoftware.com for technical information & software.
(c) McHenry Software, Inc ALL Rights Reserved.