Cloning your Hard Drive for faster/larger driver WTD

Questions & Info about the McHenry Software Forum
MSI
Site Admin

Cloning your Hard Drive for faster/larger driver WTD

Post by MSI » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:07 am

I was reminded to today about a switch i made in cloning software when i moved to SSD
i repeat the information here for easier find: NOTE: If you plan to move over to SSD drives (not required since even without them msmac3D runs 3 times (3X) faster than reality:
  • I highly recommend MacriumSoftware and their Reflect software. I easily cloned the drive on my notebook w/o issue:
    • create a boot USB drive with Macrium, insert new drive into notebook, externally attach via USB the former drive, it boots up from the USB boot drive, select clone and 6 or so hours later, voila!
    I DO NOT Recommend Acronis True Image 2015:
    • I have used ACRONIS for years for backups and loading/browsing from a backup works fine. However when I tried to clone to the new SSD several times over the past few months it failed miserably and their forum has many other cases of inability to clone. I believe it is an issue with their creation of a 'boot drive' since once re-booted it doesn't' recognize the SSD disk attached on USB? I also tried several other 'recommendations' from their forum and tech support but finally GAVE UP! on Acronis True Image 2015. It simply failed.
Again: I highly recommend MacriumSoftware and their Reflect software
Question? Comment? Please email forum@mchenrysoftware.com. Also see the McHenry Forum Index
Visit McHenrySoftware.com for technical information & software.
(c) McHenry Software, Inc ALL Rights Reserved.