I'm interested in using your software for my accident

General Questions, answers and information related to the release of the msmac3D program.
MSI
Site Admin

I'm interested in using your software for my accident

Post by MSI »

Q: I'm interested in using software to reconstruct pre-impact states for a road accident I was involved in. Do you have more information than is available on your website?
A: Do you have any background in Accident Reconstruction or a related field? Our software is for more advanced users and not recommended for beginners. And information on our software is contained in the hundreds of references on our web and in reports cited on our website.
I wouldn't recommend using any accident reconstruction software until you assemble all the pertinent information. Then you should do a traditional analysis (hand calculation techniques) for a preliminary analysis. Then use Accident reconstruction software to test and refine your preliminary analysis.
All too often people with various flavors of software simply crank up the software and do not thoroughly investigate the accident. Performing a traditional analysis assures that you have assembled all the required information (many software programs have defaults which may lead you to possibly improper conclusions if the defaults are different than the actual parameters (weights, dimensions, etc.)
Please see our topic HELP! If YOU or someone you know has been in an accident!. Your time will probably be better spent being sure to preserve all the evidence.
Then once you assemble all the information you can and forward it to us or another expert in the accident reconstruction field for a quick review and first impression (unofficial, informal review). Then based on those preliminary findings you can decide whether to proceed for a more in depth reconstruction.