i repeat the information here for easier find:
- It was part of this thread Benchmark Update with SSD Drive repeated here for convenience (I still use Reflect by Macrium!)
- Also see this thread Licensing message/error? Try License Reset and Restart for additional information on reset of your license when you clone/move
- I highly recommend MacriumSoftware and their Reflect software. I easily cloned the drive on my notebook w/o issue:
- create a boot USB drive with Macrium, insert new drive into notebook, externally attach via USB the former drive, it boots up from the USB boot drive, select clone and 6 or so hours later, voila!
- I have used ACRONIS for years for backups and loading/browsing from a backup works fine. However when I tried to clone to the new SSD several times over the past few months it failed miserably and their forum has many other cases of inability to clone. I believe it is an issue with their creation of a 'boot drive' since once re-booted it doesn't' recognize the SSD disk attached on USB? I also tried several other 'recommendations' from their forum and tech support but finally GAVE UP! on Acronis True Image 2015. It simply failed.