meshes can be cumbersome and so for ANY model you should know how to reduce the number of meshes.
Here are the easy steps. We don't believe for general reconstruction simulation graphics you need 1.7 MILLION meshes!
We recently started working with Rhino, a great 3D CAD program we use for workign with vrml files.
We've also found it can significantly reduce the size of our 3D Models!
For those of you who want to make your own 3D models for medit3D:
Open the file in Rhino:
- click on mesh menu,
- and then Mesh Edit Tools:
- Then select Reduce Mesh
- The select ALL Meshes
- Then the mesh reduction dialog shows up and
- select the reduction amount:
- Note: save as a different file name so then you can always for back to original and try a different amount
- so far reducing mesh by 90% produces excellent models
NO!!...so why waste the memory space on it? And of course if you need a 3D Model that isn't available let us know!