Important NOTE on Questions/Comments, Tech Support and Consulting

software related notices, mainly for licensees who should laso see the LICENSEE ONLY sections
MSI
Site Admin

Important NOTE on Questions/Comments, Tech Support and Consulting

Post by MSI »

IMPORTANT NOTE ON Questions/Comments, Tech Support and Consulting:
  • MAIN POINT: This NOTE ON Questions/Comments, Tech Support and Consulting is to try to avoid serious misrepresentations of what we may or may not have said or emailed from being used, for example, as evidence in court ever again!
    Obviously what WE have PUBLISHED in public in papers and on this and other forums is fair game!
    However, we want our licensees and EVERYONE to feel free to ask ANY questions and make ANY comments which we will keep in confidence.
ALL correspondences including Questions and Comments to this forum and/or with McHenry Software (MSI) and/or McHenry Consultants (MCI) are considered privileged and confidential by MSI & MCI.
  • You can Register/JOIN the McHenry Forum and post up questions/comments
    Or
  • Simply email questions and/or comments to us at forum@mchenrysoftware.com.
    • Questions/Comments are considered confidential and if we them post up and respond we will anonymize details and your identification will remain anonymous (unless you specifically request that we include your name/identification in the post).
      • NOTE: we do not post up every/all questions/comments/etc. we receive, ONLY items that can be generalized/anonymized and are of universal significance.
For Tech Support:
  • We are here to assist you with the use of our software.
    No quoting or paraphrasing things we discuss as part of technical support in deposition or at trial**(see footnote below)
    Anything on our forum can be used subject to copyright laws (so no publication without our permission)
    This is to protect you, our McHenry Software Licensee, to protect anyone who asks a question, and...to protect us.
    • We don't want to become part of your case unless you want to retain us or hire us as a confidential consultant.
    Please email or call us with any questions.
    • IMPORTANT NOTE: Be SURE to anonymize any case related questions to us or if you post up to ANY forum:
      • Many 'hired guns' out there are simply looking for something, anything to try to discredit other experts to take the focus away from the facts.
        • Per Sgt. Joe Friday-DRAGNET we believe in "just the facts ma'am, just the facts"
    Thank You for your interest and support of McHenry Software!
For Consulting through McHenry Consultants:
  • We do consulting through McHenry Consultants
    Does your company need help with training or crash investigations, reconstruction, computer simulations (all programs!), research and reports?
    Please Call or email us if you would like our help on any research, litigation or other matter.
    All contacts are considered confidential unless mutually agreed upon.
    Thank you for your interest in McHenry Consultants
MAIN POINT:
  • This NOTE ON Questions/Comments, Tech Support and Consulting is to try to avoid serious misrepresentations of what we may or may not have said or emailed from being used, for example, as evidence in court ever again!
    However, we want our licensees and EVERYONE to feel free to ask ANY questions and make ANY comments which we will keep in confidence.
There is No such thing as a stupid question, except for a question not asked
"“There are no foolish questions
no man becomes a fool until
he has stopped asking questions.”

– Charles Proteus Steinmetz

• I heard about this situation from another expert on the case who was surprised that i would say what the 'expert' said i said. Somehow the trial judge allowed it in and wouldn't allow the opposing counsel to question me or get me to submit an affidavit affirming or clarifying the discussion (the judge said it would have delayed things...so question then becomes...why not exclude the lie?)
    • In another unrelated case at a different time, coincidentally also in a San Diego courtroom, also the same 'expert', he relayed parts of a conversion he said he and i had and he characterized that i SLAMMED down the phone
      (ummmm...you do realize that one only hears a click when a cell phone is hung up these days whether slammed or simply disconnected...another lie!)

Somehow in both instances the judge allowed uncorroborated hearsay testimony in as evidence with no chance for rebuttal or clarification??!!

BTW you can be assured that clown expert who mischaracterized conversations with me to bolster his opinion and for the sake of pleasing his clients we have forevermore refused to talk with him and cancelled his software license.

That was the primary reason we felt it was IMPORTANT to post up this disclaimer!
MSI
Site Admin

Re: Important NOTE on Tech Support and Consulting

Post by MSI »

Updated Dec 2019
MSI
Site Admin

Re: Important NOTE on Tech Support and Consulting

Post by MSI »

July 2020: another minor update to include some question on questions!
MSI
Site Admin

Re: Important NOTE on Questions/Comments, Tech Support and Consulting

Post by MSI »

August 2020: added Questions/Comments to the title and discussion so ALL KNOW that anything sent is kept in confidence.
MSI
Site Admin

Re: Important NOTE on Questions/Comments, Tech Support and Consulting

Post by MSI »

a related topic recently came up on another discussion forum and i had to add...
  • Be SURE to anonymize any case related questions since many 'hired guns' out there are simply looking for something, anything to try to discredit other experts to take the focus away from the facts.

Per Sgt. Joe Friday-DRAGNET we want "just the facts ma'am".

Whereas we hope most experts in the crash reconstruction business simply seek the truth to understand and present the most accurate crash reconstruction that can be prepared in the time and budget available.