Should V1 be the heavier vehicle?

General questions on the SMAC, msmac3D and other Collision Simulation programs
MSI
Site Admin

Should V1 be the heavier vehicle?

Post by MSI »

(via email) Q: I recall that in times past the heavier vehicle was usually designated as vehicle 1 or two. I can't remember which. Is that still the case?

A: Not an issue anymore on which vehicle is vehicle 1.
I recalled back in the day there was something (possibly in the 1970s vintage user manual?)
Probably related to back when the center of collision interface set to CG (see What is the CCI?)
I will have to look into that since you reminded me of that older limitation.

Just did a quick search and FOUND IT!
  • In 1974 SMAC Manual by Soloman included the statement in the input instructions:
    The following statement must be the source of picking which vehicle is V1 by size:
    • "therefore, accuracy is improved when V1 is the smaller vehicle"...from description below:
    Solomon note on V1.jpg
    Solomon note on V1.jpg (29.81 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
we routinely do simulations where we switch vehicles and have found very little change (obviously some minor round off differences on triginomteric functions)

So main point is it is no longer an issue.

This topic has 1 more posts with additional information

To Read more, Please login and/or register. 2024 NOTE: Soon ALL Technical Sections will be ONLY for registered users. Optionally you can email us forum@mchenrysoftware.com your Name, Company, Location, a Username, and a Password (which you can change) and we will register you and send you a confirmation email.

Register Login