Video of car flipping up over loose wheel

General Crash Reconstruction Tecnhiques
Crash tests, Pole Impacts
MSI
Site Admin

Video of car flipping up over loose wheel

Post by MSI »

Saw this video posted to a couple places yesterday.
So i grabbed it, and post up this real time and then slow motion version:

Main source seems to be Facebook page on Car Accidents, caught on Camera
My comments were as follows
  • Great video...however...jury still out..i think it's fake...see pics below and i'll post up a slow motion shortly...No STEER/swerve to try to avoid? only brakes? with braking, lower bumper, how did wheel, get caught and run under the bumper? (and not brushed away?) but even if so, then as it passes thru it simply rolling along? the friction between the tire and underbody...great video..but jury still out!

And then after other comments i added
  • How the tire could so grip onto the front of a vehicle to not rip the fender cover off? or as it rolls underneath the 'not smooth' underside of the vehicle how could it remain so stable...possible? maybe...but you'd think there'd be a news story on it. From 20? years ago i've seen folks fuse simulation/animation with real live video such you'd think it was real...but...it wasn't...so expect we'll get a LOT of that (recall the video of the SUV (Mercedes?) ramping over a car carrier and median barrier, flipping and continuing on it's way...looked great..but was fake...hey it may be real just always need to see (and would love to see some confirmation of the crash since spectacular video IF real...
Lucille.jpg
Lucille.jpg (43.08 KiB) Viewed 5573 times
I've started another forum topic

This topic has 3 more posts with additional information

To Read more, Please login and/or register. 2024 NOTE: Soon ALL Technical Sections will be ONLY for registered users. Optionally you can email us forum@mchenrysoftware.com your Name, Company, Location, a Username, and a Password (which you can change) and we will register you and send you a confirmation email.

Register Login