Euro NCAP celebrates 20 years of crash testing by comparing the 2017 Honda Jazz to the 1997 Rover 100
Great video comparison:
Euro NCAP Marks 20th Anniversary of Life-Saving Crash Tests
2nd February 2017
- • Euro NCAP crash tests helped save more than 78,000 lives since 1997.
• Cars now ‘safest ever’ after Euro NCAP crashes 1,800 cars in tests costing 160 million Euro since 1997.
• Euro NCAP continues to test the newest safety innovations including cyclist-sensing auto-brake technology.
see Euro NCAP
1. Estimated number of car occupant death prevented between 1998 and 2015, based on ETSC PIN Report 2016:
2. Estimated total accumulated costs related to vehicle testing, not including cost for cars, spare parts and other consumables