Where can I find the Canadian Vehicle Specifications? CVS2023.3

Recent, Important or Popular Topics Related to Analysis of Motor Vehicle Collisions
Most are links to other sections of forum with other related topics
Chris G

Where can I find the Canadian Vehicle Specifications? CVS2023.3

Post by Chris G »

April 2023 update

Q: Where can i find the Canadian Vehicle Specs Database?
A: The Canadian Vehicle Specifications (CVS) consists of a database of original vehicle dimensions, used primarily in collision investigation and reconstruction, combined with a search engine. The database is compiled annually by the Collision Investigation and Research Division of Transport Canada.
CATAIR.jpg
CATAIR.jpg (11.83 KiB) Viewed 15942 times
WE SIMPLY POST THE LATEST UPDATE TO THIS 1ST THREAD:
  • April 2023: Latest version on CARSP website:2023.3
  • NOTE: The link changed! For convenience we will also post up a local link on our website:
    • Copy of CVS database on McHenry Software Site: CVS 2023.3
  • Canadian Vehicle Specifications
    • The Canadian Vehicle Specifications (CVS) consists of a database of original vehicle dimensions, used primarily in collision investigation and reconstruction, combined with a search engine. The database is compiled annually by the Collision Investigation and Research Division of Transport Canada.
      The current release of the software is Version 2023.3, and is available for downloading as the archive file: CVS 2023.3
      To install the program, unzip the files contained in the archive cvs20233.ZIP to any folder, then run the program winspecs.exe.
      A Help Button has been added at the top right display screen to access the CVS User Guide.
      A help file, providing information on program installation and use, plus contact information for reporting bugs and obtaining technical support, is included in the distribution. The installed package now includes the dBase files. It also includes a Microsoft operating system file msvbvm50.dll, which is required when running Vista.
MSI
Site Admin

Re: Where can I find the Canadian Vehicle Specifications? CVS2023.3

Post by MSI »

April 8, 2023 Updated to latest version