Q: What is the CCI?
A: The CCI is the Center of Collision Interface option of msmac3D
- the ONLY version of SMAC which has this option:
- The original version of SMAC had the limitation that the center of collision interface (CCI) (origin for the radial springs of the collision model) had to be coincident with the Center of Gravity of the vehicle.
This limitation of original SMAC and smac clones can occasionally produce problems in simulated impacts where
- the damage may get close to and/or exceed the Center of Gravity of the vehicle.
- It also can be an issue when the reference vectors get near 90 degrees
- and these vectors are used for reference to pair contacts between the two vehicles, they are not force vectors
We also have a forum topic on the CCI option with additional notes, etc