How do I calculate CRASH Damage Analysis A & B coefficients?

Questions/Topics Related to the CRASH computer program
#CRASH #EDCRASH #PC-CRASH
MSI
Site Admin

How do I calculate CRASH Damage Analysis A & B coefficients?

Post by MSI »

Q: How do I calculate CRASH Damage Analysis A & B coefficients?
A: medit32 now includes a utility for the calculation of the CRASH damage analysis A,B coefficients for use with CRASH or other damage analysis programs.
The utility program is contained on Tools->Lsqft - A,B Coeff Calculator.
The inputs for the program are full-scale crash test results of the form:
  • 1) For b0,b1 fits, enter Crash test results in form: Residual Crush (in), Speed change (mph)
    2) For CRASH A,B coefficients calculated: Residual Crush (in), Speed change (mph), Test weight(lbs), Damage Width(in)
An optional no damage intercept (mph) is then input
Program assumptions:
  • Speed change is to point of common velocity,
    Single point Crush is average crush.
Program will calculate the natural and forced intercept b0,b1 fits.
If weight & width given, program will then calculate A,B CRASH coefficients.
A graphical display of results can then be displayed and printed
CAUTION: Use of a single crash test is discouraged due to variations in crash test results. Damage analysis accident reconstruction techniques should be viewed as a Tool. Damage analysis should be used in combination with other accident reconstruction Tools.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post, please register, it is east, see the link above right.

This topic has 2 more posts with additional information

To Read more, Please login and/or register. 2024 NOTE: Soon ALL Technical Sections will be ONLY for registered users. Optionally you can email us forum@mchenrysoftware.com your Name, Company, Location, a Username, and a Password (which you can change) and we will register you and send you a confirmation email.

Register Login